Sunday, March 2, 2008

THE ART OF CONNECTING

Forest Whitaker, 2007 Academy Awards. Best Actor Oscar
"Because when I first started acting, it was because of my desire to connect to everyone. To that thing inside each of us. That light that I believe exists in all of us. Because acting for me is about believing in that connection and it's a connection so strong, it's a connection so deep, that we feel it. And through our combined belief, we can create a new reality." - Forest Whitaker, 2007 Academy Awards. Best Actor Oscar
TO SEE: To seek to understand the story in its minutest detail. What "universal idea" does the story express? What aspect of humankind does the story reflect?

TO EXPERIENCE: To seek to understand the story, personally.
For example: The characters' thoughts, feelings, needs, values, desires, fears - their actions." As if" what is that like to me?

TO SHARE: To communicate the story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The play's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king."

No comments: